Funnybone from Comedian Dennis Tooley

Comedian Dennis Tooley wants to help people see the lighter side of life. To learn more about Dennis go to http://www.DennisTooley.com

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Those Were the Days:

I was born before the Drug Companies came up with Ritalin. I guess back in the day, they didn’t need that kind of “treatment.”

My parents had a special treatment when I got a little wild. It was called, the BELT! Oh yeah, and they didn’t have to wait 4-6 hours before treating again. They treated as often as they felt it was necessary.

Don’t get me wrong. I deserved almost half of the whippings I got. The others should have gone to my brothers. They were evil!

The whippings weren’t the worst of it. It was the “Chats” my dad wanted to have before each spanking. He would want to make sure we knew why we were about to get the treatment. On and on he would go to the point that I would begin to think of other things I could be doing to that would get me into even more trouble. “Just beat me already!!! Please!?!?!?!” was my thought but I never voiced that idea out loud.

Finally he would come out with that phrase we all thought was a huge lie, “This is going to…” You have already finished without me because someone in your life time has used that line.

If it is going to hurt you that bad then DON”T DO IT! Let’s grab a Coke and some Twinkies and watch Oprah together. Can’t we all just get along?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home