Funnybone from Comedian Dennis Tooley

Comedian Dennis Tooley wants to help people see the lighter side of life. To learn more about Dennis go to http://www.DennisTooley.com

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Look What We Have Done With Christmas

What ever happened to the Christmas of my childhood? I mean, it seems like everything is way to different now. Everything Christmas shows up in the stores the middle of August and stays until after New Years. Even the schools are getting into the action.

My wife and I were invited to enjoy a special “Holiday Lunch” with our son at his school. I am not sure who they were trying to fool because the only thing special about it was the fact that we had lunch with our son. They served Chicken Strips that were more like eating squirrel flavored leather, green beans and INSTANT mashed potatoes.

We all got to sit at the tables where the kids normally have lunch. That is fine if you are an 8 or 9 year old but when you are much older and your back side can take up two or three of those seats, let’s just say it was a bit uncomfortable for the hour we sat there.

Well now, here I sit after the fact wondering when I will get into the Christmas Spirit. Hopefully by this time next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home