Funnybone from Comedian Dennis Tooley

Comedian Dennis Tooley wants to help people see the lighter side of life. To learn more about Dennis go to http://www.DennisTooley.com

Thursday, March 29, 2007

One of Those Years

Last week was one of those years. It was a typical week to start out but it changed quickly. You probably know what I am talking about when I say it was one of those years. You know, when you feel like every time you turn around something is going wrong.

Mine started going bad when a training I was doing went longer then it was suppose to so I was running late to an appointment. I was flying down the highway to my next meeting; trying to make up time and we all know that you can not make up time.

Out of nowhere, a big dog came up out of the ditch and ran right out in front of my car. I am not talking about a Marmaduke Great Dane but it was a big dog. A Lab/Mutt mix that was big enough to take out the front left corner of a Mustang.

I couldn’t swerve into the other lane because there was a car coming from the other direction. I couldn’t swerve the other direction because there was a ditch that was sending a clear message, “If you must crash, crash here! We must protect our field.”

I couldn’t avoid it. I hit the dog and watched in my mirror as it rolled out from under my car and bounced into the deep ditch. I stopped to see if the dog was suffering and discovered that it had already crossed over to doggy heaven.

I was feeling pretty low. The dog had a collar so I know it was someone’s pet. However, it did not have tags so I know they didn’t care that much.

Later that evening I discovered that the Old Yeller had damaged the car I was driving. The good news is, I was driving a rental car. The bad news is I did not have their insurance. I was driving like I had their insurance.

The next day I woke up with some new symptoms from my MS. The left side of my tongue and the corner of my mouth were numb and tingly. It felt like I had been to the dentist and the Novocain was wearing off.

The next day my wife came home from the mall (no she had not spent a bunch of money) and she informed me that she had backed into a car that was backing out of another spot as she was backing out of the spot where she had parked. Not much damage to her car but a little dent in the door of the other car.

Man! What a week! Even though the week was full of negative events I know God is large and in charge. These little events are like speed bumps on the road of life. They slow us down a bit but do not impede our journey. God is greater!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home